VST PRODUCT WARRANTY
The VST Product Warranty Verification System has been designed to streamline the product warranty process.
- Anyone has permission to check the warranty status of a product.
- – Select the “Serial # Search” button.
- – How to Research the Warranty Status of a Product Tutorial
- Only authorized VST Distributors have permission to initiate an RGA.
- – Select “RGA Sign In” button and follow instructions.
VST Warranty Statement
This limited warranty is given by Vapor Systems Technologies, Inc. (hereinafter VST) to the initial purchaser, and any subsequent purchasers of new equipment, within the warranty period of products manufactured by VST. VST products:
- Are factory tested and meet all applicable performance standards and specifications.
- Should be used in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations to which they were certified.
- Are warranted to be free from defect in material and workmanship with ongoing compliance to all applicable performance standards and specifications under normal use, service, proper installation, inspections, and maintenance practices per manufacturer specifications.
VST warrants the materials and workmanship to be free from defects in accordance with the following provisions:
- This warranty does not apply to any products that have:
- Been subject to misuse, abuse, tampering, negligence, accident, or drive off.
- Been misapplied, improperly installed, or not installed per VST’s instructions and specifications.
- Been modified, altered, rebuilt or repaired by unauthorized persons or outside the criteria of VST specifications.
- Been improperly maintained and/or improperly inspected in accordance with the system’s or product’s periodic maintenance schedule, and any inspection and/or maintenance requirements imposed by the State or any government agency.
- Been exposed to contact with fuels containing greater than 5% methanol, 10% ethanol,or 15% MTBE by volume or any exposure to M85/E85 fuel, unless the product is rated for that type of fuel.
- Been subject to damage resulting from acts of God.
- This warranty does not cover and VST is not responsible or liable for:
- Incidental, consequential and/or indirect damages or loss including, but not limited to,personal injury, death, property damage, environmental damage, cost of labor, clean-up, downtime, installation and removal, product damage, and loss of product, revenue or profits.
- Any claims or lawsuits against the purchaser and/or distributor.
- Labor or materials necessary to disconnect or connect the warranted product for return to VST.
VST products used on systems that have not been listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory (NRTL) or use that falls outside intended field of use voids all warranties.
The duration of this warranty is TWELVE (12) MONTHS from the time of installation provided timely valid proof of installation is submitted to VST. Valid proof of installation options include, but are not limited to:
- VST Product Warranty Registration Card is properly completed and returned to VST at time of installation and within (6) SIX MONTHS from the date of manufacture.
- In lieu of a legitimate, completed and returned VST Product Warranty Registration Card within the first (6) SIX MONTHS from the date of manufacture, VST requires the following:
- A completed gasoline dispensing facility (GDF) monthly maintenance log from the month in which the VST equipment was installed and documented, AND
- One of the following documents that may be used as a reference installation date:
- A valid distributor invoice
- A valid contractor invoice
The above options must be clearly marked with:
- All VST product serial numbers
- Product sale date and/or installation date
- Purchaser name, address, and phone number
If valid proof of installation is not received by VST, as noted above, the warranty period is TWELVE (12) MONTHS from the VST date of manufacture.
In the event of a warranty claim:
- The purchaser/distributor must obtain a copy of a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) from VST prior to returning product so as to ensure proper processing. All warranty claim returns must be shipped freight prepaid by the purchaser and/or distributor.
- Warranty status will be determined upon inspection at VST’s facility within THIRTY (30) DAYS of receipt by VST of the warranted products. All returned merchandise deemed Not Under Warranty; will be held by VST for SEVEN (7) BUSINESS DAYS prior to disposal. Return of this product to the purchaser/distributor will require purchaser/distributor to issue a call tag within SEVEN (7) BUSINESS DAYS of notification.
- Repair or replacement of the warranted product is the EXCLUSIVE REMEDY under the terms of this warranty. No other warranty exists.
VST, as to each defect, shall be relieved of all obligations and liabilities under this Limited Warranty if the products have been operated with any accessory, equipment, or a part not specifically approved by VST and the appropriate governing regulatory agencies.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. VST MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES (WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL), EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, AND ANY OTHER SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
VST NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY TO ASSUME FOR IT OR BIND IT TO ANY OTHER LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
VST reserves the right to make changes at any time to prices and designs or make additions or improvements with respect to its products, without incurring any obligation to modify or install same on previously manufactured products.